Wednesday 18 July 2007

Week 3/ week 4 Morris Dancing

Week 3 begins and with it so does our first film making/animation assignment. Digital storytelling using still images and narration to tell a story. The story is to be something from my past. When I was a little chap I was chased by a drunk morris dancer. He chased me around a pub. I am hoping that this project helps me to finally get over it.
I am going to use a combination of still images mixed with a tiny bit of pen on paper animation. Everything will be shot under a digital camera and any camera moves will be done moving the image under the lens. I will say again that I come from a stop motion background and this is very much my way of working. It will be black and white with a flash of colour when needed. Need to find morris dancer music.
Have been pointed in the direction of a website that is nothing but morris dancer tracks, it could easily be the most annoying site that I have ever been on - have found some suitable music though.

WednesdayThursday 19th

Have finally worked out how to get my film from my home computer onto the Cyfle workstation. This is a big thing for me as usually I struggle and struggle then ask someone for help... "I'm getting better and I'm not going to let them take me back to hospital".

Friday 20th July

Haven't been getting a lot of sleep as I have been working really hard on the drawing and filming and all that jazz. Had about forty minutes sleep last night.
A good example of how tired I am....
Whilst waiting for the bus this morning I saw a woman with what I thought was a rather nifty looking bionic hand "Don't stare Ben it's rude!" When she got closer I noticed that it wasn't a bionic hand she was just carrying an umbrella.

Just had a lovely egg and bacon sandwich.
how tired I am

1 comment:

Wesley Riot said...

lol i can see you worked real hard on the project